About Me

Monday 3 October 2011

Travel full circle

I want to travel.

The urge to travel often bites me like a bug....unexpectedly but with a viciousness that stings long after the urge was born.

I am currently afflicted with such an urge.

It's been too long since I've been off this lovely piece of earth called Mauritius. Two years since Kuala Lumpur, 3.5 years since Washington DC, an eternity since my last tryst with adventure.

The best memories I have of travelling are from March 2005, when I made a quick trip from the US to Mauritius for my mom's birthday.  At that time, I was between two chapters of my life...somewhat like a small footnote or a short introduction...neither here nor there.  What came before the trip was immaterial, what was to come after was disaster...

I wonder if I will ever feel the careless abandon I felt then.  Maybe yes...and if it takes a trip to experience it, boy, I am sooooooooo going away!!!

Because, you see, at the heart of all this is simply the hunch, right in my stomach, that somehow, I have come full circle. Alhamdulillah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment