About Me

Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Superwoman and the Woman

Our maid is superwoman.  She amazed me today.

While I slowly dragged myself around the house, she would whiz around both floors with a broom and a mop, chatting away happily.

Since I am not a morning person, I pretended to read in order not to have to make conversation with her.  But really, she managed to clean the house and iron a pile of clothes in 3 hours!

Now, I am not a neat freak.  But I do enjoy a clean home.  Walking barefoot on freshly cleaned tiles is such a pleasure. 

Talking of barefoot.  My toe nails are hennaed a deep marroon these days.  Last year I went through a henna phase that saw me painstakingly applying henna regularly for a period of 5 or 6 months.  I did it out of pleasure and boredom.  I eventually outgrew that phase.

This year, I am applying henna to cover my nails now turning black due to chemo.  And by black, I mean black.  A very dull black. 

So I may be without hair but my nails can bear witness that I am still a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment