About Me

Sunday 27 March 2011

Intelligent Conversations

Intelligent Conversations

by Shafeenaaz on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 9:57pm


I said I miss intelligent conversations.  Well, if anyone asked me what I mean by that, I might not be in a position to give a clear answer.

Please DON'T engage me in talks about the crises in the Middle East, gas prices at the pump, corruption in our institutions or the plethora of other worldly topics (which incidentally I am supposed to be well acquainted with!!!) that you may think constitute intelligent conversations.  You'll expose my total ignorance and worse, my complete disregard for such topics!  I will embarrass both you and me....so please refrain.


What I consider intelligent conversation is something quite different.  Let's just say that when an inane topic, discussed intelligently, has the ability to stretch your mind, tickle your brain cells and in the process make your pupils dilate in amazement and then you hold your breath in an Ah hah! moment , then it is worth being called intelligent.  And if you walk away, remembering the texture of the exchange, then it is not just an intelligent conversation but also a true one!



I miss such conversations. I truly do.  Please, my Sweet Lord, please send me some...

No comments:

Post a Comment