About Me

Sunday 27 March 2011

Pickled Love

Pickled Love

by Shafeenaaz on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 1:41pm

The title of this post has been lifted from my previous blog (now dead and buried) but goes along the same lines as what I was experiencing in 2005.

Yes, love, like mangoes and apples and other good stuff, can be pickled.  You make pickles in times of plenty for the days of scarcity.

I pickled some love yesterday....while my 2 sisters kept me company and a princess and 2 men in the making played nearby.  I pickled some for the times when I will sit alone in this lounge and stare at the circles on my carpet.

I had been feeling pretty run down Friday and Saturday.  My body felt laden, my mouth...hard to describe, but just not right.  So when last evening my TV proposed Tomorrow Never Dies, I gladly accepted it.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  But seriously, Pierce Brosnan should be fined for being so handsome...it's just not normal.

This morning I woke up feeling more myself.  I had more energy than the past 2 days...my brain was less foggy and my body less locked.  I went for a shower and then the weakness hit me like a wave.  I plopped down on the couch again!

Lots of words roaming the deserts of my mind....I need to write about writing, load shedding and fruits :)

PS:  I have a new ritual.  I check my pillowcase first thing every morning now, looking for evidence of hair loss.  When will my body pull that one on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment